A day at the races

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: A day at the races
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:46:15 -0500
Those that made it to ELVF had great weather, and a chance to view some
terrific Bugattis. Talk about engine turning! Everyone seemed to run pretty
well with no major catastrophes. The 25 and 98 Sprites bettered their
previous times considerably. Good job 'hopper and 'chopper! (Jeff will need
some body work, and Ron will get big-studded in the off-season.)

After the Group 2 racers were done and gone, I took a tour of the track in
my Mini. Travelling up the gravel path from the "Motoplex" to turn 5 I
heard this strange sound. Got me nervous, especially when I noticed people
were just stopping in the their tracks and looking my way. I shut off the
Mini's cacophony with the key and heard "...with bombs bursting in air" .

  All was OK after all.

A good weekend.  Thanks to all.
        Peter C.