Re: Spridget Nasty Boy

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Spridget Nasty Boy
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:49:11 -0500
Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:

> See... turn over a rock... what do you find???

Rock and roll.

 It looks like
> the core group of TT is for the most part taking a pass on SVRA Road America,
> and opting for Mosport. Can we get a clarification here people?

I've been seduced by that ne'er do- el (how do you type that ?) Joe
Alexander. I'm going to mosport because I've vowed to race at as many
tracks I've just read about as I can before I die or run out of money,
whichever comes first. Cannucks are fun, Canadian beer is good, and Joe
is going. It's always good weather when good friends blah blah....

> Why not SVRA at RA? Couple of reasons. Expensive. Also, I think they took a
> screwed up organization and made it worse... lets see, you used to get
> Vintage Motorsport and the Line. And now you get???

I guess I've adopted a wait and see attitude towards SVRA. But, it seems
like a long wait. I paid my dues and so far have one newsletter to show
for it. To their credit, I was told by one of their folks that it is not
profitable, that the former owners with their small print clause in the
contract that they could race free for life, etc has eaten into profits.
Also, the transfer to New England did not go well computer-wise and they
lost half their mailing list. I'll give them awhile to get it together,
I guess -- but really, I don't go to a track because of who the
sanctioning body may be. I go for other reasons.

> Maybe they ought to hire TT for some "tireless self-promotion" (TM)???

righton.

--
uncle jack the carfrek
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer