Any Weber gurus?

To: Team Thicko List <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Any Weber gurus?
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:25:48 -0500
Greetings, knowledgeable ones...

Can anyone tell me if going from an .045 to an .055 in a Weber jet is
richening it?

This isn't a race car dilemna.... (Webers on the Team Thicko Red Rat
Bastard #99 would be cheating... and that is just not allowed...), but
on a Volvo 122 Estate wagon. I replaced the original tired B18 with a
30,000 mile B20 out of my old ES (a tree fell on it).

I transferred the intake & Weber (32/36 DGAV) carb, plugged up the fuel
injected head, and have tried to tune it, without much success. The
engine will only continue to run when cold fully choked. If tuned to run
decent when warm, it won't run without stabbing the throttle repeatedly
when cold.

I'm assuming that the B20 needs more carb than than the B18. I'm also
assuming the idle jets need to be richer. Any ideas?

WST