[Spridgets] Datsun 5 Speed Clutch

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Datsun 5 Speed Clutch
From: Michael MacLean via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 22:44:29 -0800

--000000000000fbee1c05d29cd200

You guys that have a Datsun 5 speed trans conversion using a modified
flywheel to accept a Datsun clutch assembly by Paul A., can you tell me
what slave cylinder you are you using?  Also, can you describe your pedal
feel.  I have always had a very stiff pedal that more or less acts like an
on and off switch.  All the action is a few inches up from the floor.
Moving from a standing start is difficult, but once moving, changing gears
is not a problem.  Very difficult not to chirp the tires in 1st or
reverse.  I am using the 948 slave cylinder which according to Paul A.
would be OK.  Just not fun to drive this way.  I have just converted to
disc brakes using a 3/4" Lockheed master.  Nothing will change for the
clutch as I had my original 7/8" master with a 3/4" sleeve on the clutch
side.  Have been thinking of re-engineering the clutch back to a 1275
clutch with a Spridget slave. I don't want to go to the expense if it won't
change anything.
Mike MacLean

--000000000000fbee1c05d29cd200

g a modified flywheel to accept a Datsun clutch assembly by Paul A., can yo=
u tell me what slave cylinder you are you using?=C2=A0 Also, can you descri=
be your pedal feel.=C2=A0 I have always had a very stiff pedal that more or=
 less acts like an on and off switch.=C2=A0 All the action is a few inches =
up from the floor.=C2=A0 Moving from a standing start is difficult, but onc=
e moving, changing gears is not a problem.=C2=A0 Very difficult not to chir=
p the tires in 1st or reverse.=C2=A0 I am using the 948 slave cylinder whic=
h according to Paul A. would be OK.=C2=A0 Just not fun to drive this way.=
=C2=A0 I have just converted to disc brakes using a 3/4&quot; Lockheed mast=
er.=C2=A0 Nothing will change for the clutch as I had my original 7/8&quot;=
 master with a 3/4&quot; sleeve on the clutch side.=C2=A0 Have been thinkin=
g of re-engineering the clutch back to a 1275 clutch with a Spridget slave.=
 I don&#39;t want to go to the expense if it won&#39;t change anything.<div=
 dir=3D"auto">Mike MacLean</div></div>

--000000000000fbee1c05d29cd200--

--===============8032903739119125205==

spridgets@autox.team.net