[Spridgets] Whose fiberglass fenders?

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Whose fiberglass fenders?
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 00:06:22 -0400

----_com.lge.email_4432990656938380
   charset=utf-8

I suspect both the front fenders and quarter panel pieces are from the same
manufacturer.?? I have looked a little in an attempt to identify who was either
the manufacturer or supplier.?? ??There are subtle difrences between what I
have here on the car and the very few I have seen on the sites I could find on
the internet.If someone can identify the fiberglass , that would be an
interesting side bar to the project.?? ??One thing to remember is these pieces
are at least 20 - 25 years old.?? ??Possibly older.?? I had an interest in a
fiberglass hood and trunk lid but the budget does not allow this dream.??
??These hoods weigh a ton and the one I have needs body work .... which will
only make it weigh more.?? ??But at least I have a hood.?? I have resisted
doing the rust & dent work on the one I do have with hopes of some improved
offering.?? ??At one time I looked at front spoilers.?? The few I have seen are
intended to be used with the specific manufacturer's flared fiberglass
fenders.?? ??Now I am able to do fiberglass work and could modify a piece of
other manufacture to conform to the car in its present configuration.?? ??But
right now , I just want to complete the Midget.?? ??This poor neglected car was
missing so much and what was there needed to be disassembled and seriously gone
through.?? ??We ( both Mary Anne and myself) are going to drive this car at
speed and it's first competition exposure will be at hillclimbs.?? ??The car
had better work as constructed and respond predictably.?? ??Hillclimbs have no
room for errors!?? After all this work I have no intentions of damaging this
car!ChuckSent from my LG Mobile
----_com.lge.email_4432990656938380
   charset=utf-8

</head>
fenders and quarter panel pieces are from the same manufacturer.&nbsp; I have
looked a little in an attempt to identify who was either the manufacturer or
supplier.&nbsp; &nbsp;There are subtle difrences between what I have here on
the car and the very few I have seen on the sites I could find on the
internet.</div><div dir="auto">If someone can identify the fiberglass , that
would be an interesting side bar to the project.&nbsp; &nbsp;One thing to
remember is these pieces are at least 20 - 25 years old.&nbsp; &nbsp;Possibly
older.&nbsp; I had an interest in a fiberglass hood and trunk lid but the
budget does not allow this dream.&nbsp; &nbsp;These hoods weigh a ton and the
one I have needs body work .... which will only make it weigh more.&nbsp;
&nbsp;But at least I have a hood.&nbsp; I have resisted doing the rust &amp;
dent work on the one I do have with hopes of some improved offering.&nbsp;
&nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">At one time I looked at front spoilers.&nbsp; The
few I have seen are intended to be used with the specific manufacturer's flared
fiberglass fenders.&nbsp; &nbsp;Now I am able to do fiberglass work and could
modify a piece of other manufacture to conform to the car in its present
configuration.&nbsp; &nbsp;But right now , I just want to complete the
Midget.&nbsp; &nbsp;This poor neglected car was missing so much and what was
there needed to be disassembled and seriously gone through.&nbsp; &nbsp;We (
both Mary Anne and myself) are going to drive this car at speed and it's first
competition exposure will be at hillclimbs.&nbsp; &nbsp;The car had better work
as constructed and respond predictably.&nbsp; &nbsp;Hillclimbs have no room for
errors!&nbsp; After all this work I have no intentions of damaging this

----_com.lge.email_4432990656938380--

--===============3401108739508472978==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============3401108739508472978==--