Re: Headlight Relays and Instrument Lamps

To: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Headlight Relays and Instrument Lamps
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 21:16:55 -0500
Cc: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
I run local store bought halogen sealed beams (about $8 each) for way
improved headlights.
I never did any relays and never had any problems but others swear by
relays. David lieb explained how relays work and I buy it but I just
didn't do it.
As for the gauge lumination, I have resprayed the inside cans of my
gauges with bright white spray paint. I have also made new plastic rings
out of plastic from *whatever* I could cut a strip out of.
Your 68 should have back lit gauges nnot side lit like the early cars.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ