Too cool...No LBC but read all

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, rsoave@fkl.telusa.com
Subject: Too cool...No LBC but read all
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 22:16:59 -0800 (PST)
OK, arrive in Yorba Linda, CA today at noon (will call
soon, Buster and Jim) to spend a week with my crew out
here and find the local hills ablaze...shut down the
plant at 3:30 due to impending inferno. I have a
rental Jeep ($18/day at Thrifty, such a deal), so
after closing the plant, take the Jeep up the fire
roads, run into some cool firefighters who let me
explore a little.  Everyone's house is OK, so this
isn't too ghoulish.  Get back to the hotel, nobody
around.  Just as I'm checking in, I run into Willie
Nelson.  Willie seems exceptionally cool, I just give
him an "I know who you are but won't bother you" look,
he seems appreciative (I call Peter C. to tell him of
this cool encounter).  After dinner, go down to what
we affectionately call "The Beer Shrub", a plant where
the crew I'm in charge of piles ice each night, and
nestles beer in.  The boys are doing a great job, and
in the interest of "work hard, play hard" polish off
anywhere between 80 and 100 beers per night between
the 9 of them.  So we're BS'ing and having a
Thicko-like homo club beer a thon, and a nasal voice
says "what are you boys celebrating?".  It's none
other than Willie himself.  We tell him "life itself".
I apologize for the lite beer (on sale), but Willie
takes one anyway, shakes our hand, and hangs for a
moment.  His groupie girl is pissed, but, as far as we
figure, the beer has a little above the neck, more
than the groupie cn say.  Willie is way cool, drinks
the beer and goes on his way (we did take a photo,
posted soon).  All in all, a good business trip so far!

Ron Soave

"Those who enter the country illegally violate the law." George W. Bush,
Tucson, Ariz., Nov. 28, 2005