Re: Questions About Shipping My Spridget

To: Loud Sprite <loudsprite@attbi.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Questions About Shipping My Spridget
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:41:24 -0800 (PST)
--- Loud Sprite <loudsprite@attbi.com> wrote:
> I sent out for some quotes to have it shipped.
> Ranges seem to be from $800
> (open carrier with a couple weeks lead time) to
> $1800 (closed carrier with
> specified dates)

In our pre-children days (early '90's), we moved from
NY to NM to NY to FL in less than 2 years, and I had 5
cars shipped open carrier, never a problem.  Also had
a Spitfire shipped from Pasadena to FL, no problem.
The Sprite also went from FL to IL in the moving
truck, again, no prob.  It helps a lot if you're there
at load/unload (all the moves were taken care of by my
employer, and once they left my MR2 in the parking lot
at work; one of the crackerjack security guards let
them unload it without me), and truck drivers also
like Mountain Dew.  A case of Dew along with some
donut holes generally assures good service.

=====
"The Truth?  As you want to hear it?  I can't do that.  You couldn't afford me."

- Keith Moon