Combo gauge swaps

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Combo gauge swaps
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:02:24 -0400
Hi all,

One of the things I was planning to do while swapping the trans was install the
combo gauge I got off of ebay a while back. It's an earlier model with the
actual temp reading rather than "C-N-H" that was originally in the car. I
didn't realized until a couple of days ago that the lighting was different -
don't know if it actually came out of a spridget or not. The later gauge has a
hole in the back to insert the light, the older one I assume is illuminated
from the outside. Is it possible to swap to the gauge housings? I don't think
so because of the temp sensor line. Barring that, how can I adapt some kind of
illumination to this thing? Or maybe someone has a good later style they'd like
to trade? Haven't tested it but I will if anyone is willing to swap.

Thanks,

Eddie
1971 Midget - "Bebop"