Re: Too fast

To: "jack skeffington" <skeffiewa@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Too fast
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:04:59 -0600
Jack,
 I missed most of your postings but I assume you have broken the left axle
(which is the same as the right in all regards) in the differential side
gear. You will have to open the diff and use a drift and hammer to remove
the broken bits. Be aware that the axle diameter will generally increase at
the site of the break, so it will probably only move in one direction in the
removal process. Some grinding may be necessary. Clean out the diff
thoroughly.

Dave@SWCP.com Taos Garage Annex in Albuquerque
'59 AH :{)  '54 100
http://www.britishcarforum.com/TaosAnnex.htm