Re: Stuck halfshaft n et>

To: "Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>, "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, stan@slingshotis.com
Subject: Re: Stuck halfshaft n et>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:34:43 -0500
Sometimes the axle mushrooms inside the differential. I've been able to
extract it, with some effort, using a slide hammer/puller. On the wire
wheel cars, I had to drill a hole in a spare spinner and use it. You can
squish the mushroomed bit as you pull the axle out. Be sure to remove the
diff unit to get the remaining stub out, and the shrapnel.
         Peter C
==