Re: No LBC content but Van Question!-HELP!

To: Bree Anna <breeanna1012000@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: No LBC content but Van Question!-HELP!
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:02:54 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bree Anna wrote:

> Dear Listers,
>
> I need help for a friend of mine with a l991
> Plymouth Voyager van that died on her.
> It's not the fuel pump nor the fuel filter for
> sure..but it was jerking on the way to her
> job this morning ,,,could something be sticking
> causing it not to get gas?

A couple things....
1st there is no choke as we know it. There is probably a fast idle
operated via a sensor.
It may be just dirty fuel injectors and a bottle of injector cleaner may
fix it right up. It sure won't hurt.

It could be some other sensor, of which I am not a whiz.
Heck, My Sprite doesn't have one sensor or relay and it manages to run.
But todays cars are better with sensors that die and relays that fail.
Modern technology at it's finest :)

Another problem with a high milage modern car is the catalytic
converter. If it's clogged or disintegrated, the car will not run much
above idle.
It will fall flat on it's face when you hit the gas.

Best I can do, I don't do modern cars very much, they are no fun.
Others will be of more help I'm sure.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ