Intake restrictions

To: spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Intake restrictions
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:07:25 -0500
Partners in crime:
About done assembling my 1275 and noticed a peculiarity in the intake side.
The carb to manifold gaskets are smaller in ID than the manifold port.  This
is also true for the holes through the heat shield.  Lots of good a 1 1/4-in
carb is if it has to flow through a 1 1/8 hole in the heat shield to get
into the manifold.  Finally, the carb side of the manifold has a nicely
machined transition at the entrance (is that original?) but absolutelty no
attention paid to flow through the remainder of the intake venturi.  Seems
peculiar to do just a little machining and not create a nice surface all the
way through the manifold.

Comments?

Also....found a crack in my header.  Anyone have a 3-into-1 header to
sell--preferably big bore tubing?

--JohnD