RE: Dishwasher safe?

To: "WFO Herb" <froggi60@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dishwasher safe?
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:12:27 -0500
Aluminum will discolor (Oxidize?)in the dishwasher. A dull gray.

I was a chef in a former life and new aluminum pans were instantly
distinguishable from ones that had made a trip through the dishbuster. I
think its the detergent, I can't imagine it's just the hot water. I do know
that aluminum in home machines doesn't darken as severely or as fast, but it
happens.

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget (I gotta get this thing back together...)