Re: E-bay rant

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: E-bay rant
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:01:18 EST
In a message dated 3/8/02 12:03:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, SDOliner@aol.com
writes:

> I was the high (and only) bidder on a 1275 spridget engine, driving distance
>
> away. The   auction ended at 16:55:28 PST. At 16:55:08 PST I got sand
> bagged.
> I was not sitting at the computer near the time the auction was ending, so
> even if the this bid had gone in with 5 minutes to go, I still wouldn't
> have
> had the chance to bid again.
> Nonetheless, I still feel this was underhanded.

- - - - - - - - - - -

David, this is the normal procedure for eBay (The World's Online
Marketplace).  If you REALLY want something, BID HIGH.  Probably higher than
you think its worth.  The only other way is to become an auction lurker and
swoop down in the last few seconds to place your bid.  (Warning - This
procedure requires a lot of practice.)

eBay won't change because that kind of bidding causes excitement.  And I bet
there are people who just sit and watch eBay all day long because they have
nothing better to do.  Those kinda people should get a life!  Can you
imaging, sitting at a computer all day long, when you are supposed to be
workin', and the boss is lookin' in every few minutes to see if you got any
work done, and you are fixated on eBay.  Can you imagine?!?!?

Well, back to work.  ;-)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget