Re: Foward tilting non-bugeye bonnet.

To: Toby@intri-plex.com, DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Foward tilting non-bugeye bonnet.
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:58:47 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/25/2000 8:50:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Toby@intri-plex.com writes:

<< normal bonnent doesnt allow very much access >>

In a magazine I bought sometime last Spring, maybe British Car or MG World,
or one of those (I still have it but buried somewhere in my clutter) was an
article describing how to install a pair of those hydraulic lifters, like are
installed on rear hatches of many cars, to the bonnet of a Spridget.  This
gave a super lift to the bonnet so that when open it extended to just off
verticle.  I have intended to play with that idea for a couple of reasons:
First, it would give me more access and headroom, and Second, it gives equal
lift on both sides of the bonnet, thus eliminating the stress on the bonnet
by being propped up on one side only.

--David C.