Big Brake Conversion & AutoX

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Big Brake Conversion & AutoX
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:57:22 EDT
Hello all,

I have completed (mostly) the conversion of my Bugeye to the big brakes
(front) using Spitfire Rotors and MGB Calipers.  This is a very good
improvement! You get larger rotors (9"), larger brake pads, and bigger
calipers. It is somewhat difficult to do and requires:

Spacer to move the steering arm away. (depending on the car and it requires
realignment)  This spacer is NOT in the kit.

Grind some off the spitfire rotors and/or the calipers
Grind some off the upper shock arm and/or the rotor inner edge at the outer
rim
Remove the brake backing plate

I also did the Timken roller bearing mod to the 7/16th lug hubs that Glen was
so nice to donate to the project.  (I have the Timken part #'s that may be
gotten in any good bearing shop BTW).

Pictures of this mod and a few AutoCross pics may be seen at:>

http://ourworld.cs.com/JCareyPage/JCareyPage.htm

Just click on the underlined "AutoCross" link below the pic of my car.

John Carey