Heater box spacer

To: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Heater box spacer
From: "Noel, William M" <noel@BATTELLE.ORG>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 16:16:38 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Next week I am replacing the heater box on my '72 Midget.  I have had the
box off for a number of months, as well as the engine.  When I removed the
heater box there is a, looks and feels like sponge rubber, spacer about 1/2"
thick and about 1 1/2" wide that separates the heater box from the air
raceway that feeds into the foot wells.  When I removed the spacer I though
it would be an easy task to find a replacement material that I could cut and
make the spacer.  As I discovered, there doesn't seem to be much that is
suitable.  I can order the spacer for about $8.00 from Moss or VB but I
still feel that I can do better locally.

 I have looked at window insulation but haven't found any wide enough or
thick enough.  Anyone have suggestions?
Bill Noel
noel@battelle.org
phone (614)424-4917