Re: Krinkle paint

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Krinkle paint
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 18:21:59 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Lancer7676@aol.com wrote:

> Twice I have attempted to krinkle paint my Sprite MKIV dash--the first time I
> sandblasted and primed it, krinkle painted it in full sun--it did
> beautifully---in spots.  Elsewhere it didnt Krinkle, resulting inthis
> horrendous texture.  After consulting with some Sprite guys online it was
> decided the primer was the problem, so, I used paint remover and a sandblaster
> again and stripped her down.  On another hot day, I let the dash heat up in
> the hard n nasty TN sunshine, then, following directions, and with a lot of
> confidencel, Krinkle painted her again.  Guess what?  Same results.  Looks
> really crappy--beautifully Krinkled in areas and smooth in other areas.
>
> Any ideas??  Any help will be appreciated!!   At this point I am ready to
> forget original, strip and sandblast again, and paint it a nice semi-gloss
> black that I know will work.
>
> ----David
>         '67 Sprite MKIV, Vicky

Did you heat up the dash in the sun first?
If so, it fryed the paint as it went on resulting in flat spots.
Paint it 3 heavy coats in a cool garage or basement then set it out in
the direct sun. Paint it on a piece of wood so you can transport it from
cool to warm.
Use the wrinkle paint on bare cool metal.

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs