Re: Fulcrum Pin Bushing Replacement

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, nosimport@mailbag.com
Subject: Re: Fulcrum Pin Bushing Replacement
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 12:40:36 PDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
While you are replacing the Fulcrum Bushings you may want to drill and
tap the other side for a grease fitting as well, it seems like the
grease only gets to one side with the single grease point. Just make
sure to get all the filings out before reassembly.

One of us Peter's is going to have to change our name soon to avoid
confusion.

Regards,
Peter Samaroo.

>Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 12:57:16 -0700
>To: Lancer7676@aol.com
>From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
>Subject: Re: Fulcrum Pin Bushing Replacement
>Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>
>David,
>       Hopefully the bushings and the pin came from the same supplier or at
least
>that you checked them that they do thread together before installing
(not
>always the case!). Only one of the two diameters of  threads is a
standard
>thread for which you could get a tap.... that is not an option. Best to
>un-solder one of the bushings, screw in the pin with the king pin on it
>(the flat bit on the pin has to end up in the right place) then thread
the
>bushing onto the pin and re-solder it. Hope it goes well for you.
>Cheers   Peter
>

>At 08:49 AM 7/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>snip<
>  One person suggested that I get a tap and die and tap the new
bushings
>>out to accept the new pin.  I am a little reluctant to do that.
Should I