RE: Suspension Done - New Problems ('74 Midget)

To: "'Philip Hubbard'" <phubbard@carroll.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Suspension Done - New Problems ('74 Midget)
From: Jeff Zurschmeide <jzurschm@etec.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:08:34 -0700
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
One other thing you may want to check - as battery cables get older,
they develop internal
resistance - so do starter motors. Typically, the resistance goes up
when they get hot, too.

The way it doesn't like to start, and dies inexplicably could well be a
failing battery - but I
think that old cables and the corrosion you later described around the
alternator connection
can lead to battery death, too.

Battery cables (just replaced 'em on the bugeye this w/e myself) are
cheap, and you might
be surprised how much poop they put back into your starting circuit.

JZ