Re: 5-speed clutch

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: 5-speed clutch
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 15:40:45 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
David Ramsey wrote:

> I got my 5-speed in and it seems ok except for the clutch.  When I push it to
>the floor it makes loud crashing noises.  It does work fine as long as I only
>push the pedal half way down, can I fix this at the pedal?  The adjuster on
>the slave cylinder is almost all the way loose.
>         My second question is do any of you have buffeting of the windscreen
>at around 90-95 mph.  It really moves a lot when I pass those big-rigs.  I
>think with a little tail wind I might break a hundred.
>                 Crash

Crash

The over driven clutch (as it's been refered to) can be adjusted out.
Play with the pedal adjustment and push rod adjustment.
It takes some fiddling but I finally got it.

As for windscreen buffeting @90+ MPH, learn to live with it!
Life's a beach!

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs