Re: more dash info

To: Leo Speichinger <ldsp@flash.net>
Subject: Re: more dash info
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 23:41:00 -0400
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Leo Speichinger wrote:

> Hello again: Well more questions for the list.
>
> (1) How does one redo the knobs and Steering wheel finishes? No scratches or
> nicks but just dull. I tried to polish them using the appropriate compounds
> and buffs but they have this brown tinge in with the black that will not
> compound out.

Try black shoe polish.

> (2) Which hole does the tat cable go through to inside the car and does it
> route behind the heater box.then to the right or the left of the starter
> switch?

If that word was tach cable it goes thru the hole in a metal bolt on tab
attached to the solenoid. then straight thru the fire wall and over to
the tach. Remember these cars were designed for right hand drive, it
would have been a straight shot to the tach on RHD models.

If you were refering to starter cable, same thing, the starter knob
belongs on the right side of the dash, straight thru fire wall from
solenoid. The choke is a straight shot from the carbs.
Some pictures show them reversed but criss crossing the cables under the
dash or in front of the heater is NOT CORRECT! Common sense would tell
you that the more direct route a cable takes, the better it will work.
Again, the car was designed for RHD so the starter cable would be
nearest the driver in England.

> (3) Is the oil sender pipe zinc plated or is it left the natural steel
> color?

You got me there, I thought they were copper.

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs