59 Bugeye Window Refurbishment

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 59 Bugeye Window Refurbishment
From: dwarren@warrensys.com (Don Warren)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 17:12:30 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I recently bought new plexiglas window panels & new rubber seals for my
Sprite weathershields....
Replacing the plexiglas is a no-brainer and that won't be a problem...
The replacement of the trim rubber is another story.
I've just about gotten all the old crud out of the channels that the rubber
goes in

My question is....
How do I get the rubber back in that little tiny track without damaging it?
The aluminum frame seems to have an extra amount of metal in the three
corners and seems to be pinched against the track. I don't want to bend the
frame if I can help it...

Has anyone been there, done that?  Please share your experiences... I need
all the help I can get!

Thanks,

Don Warren