Re: Tach & Coil help

To: <jafcjr@presys.com>
Subject: Re: Tach & Coil help
From: "Palmer Family" <amesfolks@snovalley.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 13:24:12 -0700
Cc: "mg list sprite" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "Mg List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> From: F Crocker <jafcjr@presys.com>

> If you get a good answer, let me know, please.  I have had the same jury
> rig done to get me home after a wire-fry.  Thanks.

Weeell, this is interesting. I didn't get ANY replies to my inquiry except
yours!  Well, no thanks to anyone on the list, I figured it out myself.

Here's the scoop, at the coil, one side has white wire and white w/black
wire. other side has a switched 12v power to it.

At the tach, the white wire that comes from the coil goes onto the spade
terminal (NOT GROUND!!) and the other white (which is 12v switched power)
goes to the bullet, then ground the gauge, attach the dash light, and it
should work.

NOTE, this is NOT the way it is supposed to be hooked up, but I have a
later tach, on an earlier car, so it is wired differently.  I next will try
it with out the power to the coil, replacing that with the white, and
hopefully getting it to work.

signed,
BARRY PALMER
amesfolks@snovalley.com