Re: keyes & doors

Subject: Re: keyes & doors
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 09:29:45 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Frank Clarici wrote:
> Most of the time the ignition key works the doors on early Spridgets
> (ones with door locks that is) This is provided no one ever replaced the
> ignition and/or door locks.
> The trunk key only fits the trunk.

Wow, I have had three votes for 'trunk key' and three votes for 'ignition
key' so far.  I guess the question wasn't as dumb as I thought!

> You can also remove your lock tumbler, inset what ever key you have like
> the ignition key, file all tumblers to fit THAT key and use the one key
> fits all locks. (been there too on the Mini-3 locks, 3 keys!)\

Actually, I'll probably be OK locking the passenger door from the inside.
Some cars don't even have a key lock on the passenger door...

> Locked doors on convertables make for slashed tops.

Exactly, that's why I had never tried it.  With the hardtop I guess it
would make more sense.

Thanks,
                                                           '67 Sprite