Re: newbie looking for insurance

To: GMari58175@aol.com
Subject: Re: newbie looking for insurance
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 19:14:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: VaN8v@aol.com, ckenwood@email.unc.edu, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
George,

Yep, JC Taylor required photos of my car, 5 yrs. ago for the '74 (and
two years ago when I got an updated appraisal), and just this year with
the '71).  My agent told me it was because they don't want to insure
some pile of junk that somebody is just trying to get cheap insurance
for by tricking the insurance company into thinking it was a collector
car.  Granted, my car wasn't a rust bucket (looked decent), but the
floors, interior, and top were pretty well rotted and, even though all
that didn't show up much on the photos, it was written into the
appraisal.

Did your friends get appraisals?  Maybe that was the problem.  Either
that, or maybe JC Taylor figured the condition was such that it was
worth no more than typical book value on a 30 yr old car, in which case
they wouldn't insure it.  If they looked that bad in the photos, it's
quite possible that was the case.  I don't think it's considered, by JC
Taylor, to be a "collector car" just because it's old (no matter how
much we love them).  They wouldn't expect someone to carry comp and
collision on a car in such bad shape, so they want you to insure it like
a "normal" car.

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort
 '89 Ford Probe
 '96 North American Shepherd
 '94 Tigger Cat/Wheel Chock
 '98 as yet nameless white cat (Yes!     Another wheel chock!)

Car pages and other stuff:

Home Improvement Homepage:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/nory

NEW Legal / Law Enforcement Page: