baffleing the pan

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: baffleing the pan
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 08:52:51 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am just getting my 1380cc rebuild under way.  I am not rebuilding my
original 67, but a 73 that I picked up.
With my 67, when I brake moderately hard, my oil pressure drops.  If I run
at least a half a quart over max, I am OK, but if I am a little low, oil
pressure drops to zero!
So I want to baffle the oil pan on the 73.   First of all, I noticed that
the 73 pan has one vertical baffle already in it, but I can't remember if
my 67 did.  Does anyone remember?

Second,  any suggestions for how to baffle the pan?  I know I can buy race
pans for >$200, but that seems like overkill and I can't afford it.
I have heard that what's really needed is a horizontal baffle with drain
slots to keep the oil from going over the vertical baffle?  This info is
for a Ford Kent, so it might not apply.

Thanks,

                                                           '67 Sprite