U-bolts

To: Spridget mail list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: U-bolts
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 11:21:35 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi -all,

The '79 is legal and on the road!! Paid my respects and $60 to the
priest at the SMOG deity shrine and the Midget passed the most stringent
smog requirements in the world.

Some things I have noticed- Advice please:

1.    Rear end in wiggling- I already have new bushings to put in, but I
suspect the U bolts also.  Following up on our recent discussion of
suppliers, Who has good U-bolts?

2.    Gulp valve- In between shifts I can hear sputtering, especially
during downshifting.  A recent post suggested the gulp valve.  I once
heard that a japanese made one was exactly the same and could be
substituted at a lower cost.  Any comments?.

3.    Raw fuel- I have had some dieseling, a small backfire yesterday
when I shut the car off  what seems to be a smell of raw fuel when I
shut the car off.  There are no line leaks - new rubber lines.  What
should I look for?  Carb is a Zenith and the diaphragm is in good
condition.  Needle?  Dashpot oil level is correct and has new o-rings.

I  have been out driving and the best thing is to see the reaction of
people on the road.  In a parking lot a teenager pointed at my car and
said to a friend - "Look- a real MG!"  Makes all the hours sanding paint
and all the time trying to install "needle roller bearings" in the
transmission worth it.

Happy 4th to all (at least when we kicked the British out, we had enough
good sense to let them sell us cars)

Steve
'79 Midget getting praised
'67 Sprite getting nothing
'66 Sprite getting picked up
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."