Re: Chinese junk and being PC

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Chinese junk and being PC
From: "Thorpe, Jeffrey" <jthorpe@kilstock.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 15:02:00 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
 ----------
From: Trevor Boicey
To: Robert B. Houston
Cc: Mark van der Linden; spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Date: Thursday, July 02, 1998 2:39PM

*snip*

Trevor said:
  There is the obvious choice #3, which would be NOT to speak for
other people at all. Frank can send all the emails he wants to
moss or to anyone he pleases, but I don't think it's fair that
he claims to have "the masses" behind him when it's not exactly
true.

Trevor and others,

Based on the messages I've read concerning Moss, it seems that the vast
majority (or at least the vocal majority) is in agreement with Frank's
views.  I mean, it isn't as if he claimed we all speak with one voice on
something REALLY controversial, such as the overwhelming aesthetic
superiority of bugeyes v. square arch midgets.   If there are loads of
people on the list who are ardent Moss fans, they certainly keep quiet
about it.  So it seems that Frank's assumption was both reasonable and
forgivable.

Jeff Thorpe
'60 Bugeye