RE: Spark plug removal (77 Midget)

To: "'William M. Gilroy'" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>, "'Sprite list'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Spark plug removal (77 Midget)
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 10:41:55 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bill -

You can't believe that #1 is the answer?  Believe it.

Actually, you don't need to >>remove<< the alternator.  Just loosen it,
take the belt off, disconnect it from the upper bracket, and swing it down
out of the way.  After you're done messing with the plugs, reverse the
procedure.   Only adds about 5 minutes to the spark plug change.

Beats the heck out of a Ch*vy M*nza I had.  You had to unbolt the motor
mounts and jack the engine over to replace the spark plugs!

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net