Re: AH Spares

To: Larry and Sandi Miller <millerls@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: AH Spares
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 17:33:35 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Larry and Sandi Miller wrote:

> I received the following from AH Spares in response to a question about the
> fit and finish of their Bugeye grilles. Just thought I would pass it on the
> the list.

> ***********
> Dear Larry,
>
> Nice to hear from you again.  With regard to your question - there has been
> a problem with many of the repro grilles.  We believe that the ones Moss
> sell are made in Taiwan.  We have also had this problem (studs lining up)
> with ours until one of our employees tried to fit one to his own Frogeye.
> We have now had a new tool made so that the studs can be accurately welded
> in position.  The first two grilles made using this new tool were checked
> by a local Frogeye restorer this week.  He said the fit was perfect so we
> will now put the product back into mass production and hope to have stocks
> of both stainless steel and chrome within the next 6 weeks.

Imagine that!
A company that actually trys their product.
What a concept!!!
And go as far as correcting the defect before producing it.
ANYBODY FROM TAIWAN, CHINA, MOSS or VIC BRIT READING THIS?
Now if we can only get emgineers to try an assemble and use what they
design.

Things are looking up
--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs