Carpet Tape vs. Glue

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carpet Tape vs. Glue
From: Skip Tannen <Tannen@googolbox.babson.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 18:54:25 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Folks,

Got my new carpet kit and was just curious about what people use to tack
down the rear sections - carpet tape or carpet glue?  The reason I'm
asking is that I considering doing a full frame up restore in a couple
of years and I would like to be able to pull out and reuse the carpet
pieces (if they are still in good enough shape!).  Has anyone been able
to pull out carpeting like this without destroying it?

As usual, thanks in advance - I always get so many responses to posts
that it's hard to keep up with them all!

Skip Tannen
'65 MKIII Sprite