cleaning, painting and tapping the block

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: cleaning, painting and tapping the block
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 31 May 1998 19:43:30 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My block has gone all rusty from having been cleaned but not oiled or
painted while at the machinist.  I'm having a rough time stripping the
thing of the remaining rust and paint (not much left).  Any
reccomendations?  I need to get this crap off to paint it.  I tried naval
jelly to convert the rust, which seems to have worked somewhat but the
remaining paint is a bear.

Also, David Vizard reccomends tapping the oil galleries to install
reusable plugs.  To anyone who has done this, what size tap did you use
and was any drilling required to oversize the hole?

Thanks,
--
<mml@pobox.com>                                              Matt Liggett
                                  '60 Mini, '70 Midget, '89 SAAB 900t SPG