Re: Top Frame and Name - Bugeye

To: d0m6803@acs.tamu.edu, Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Top Frame and Name - Bugeye
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@cococo.net>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 13:17:31 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
d0m6803@acs.tamu.edu wrote:

> Dear Group,
>
>         I was sanding my two piece top-frame when I noticed the end
> insertion pieces were spring loaded. I do not know the purpose of this.

I'm not an expert on much of anything pertaining to Sprites, but I have a
two-piece, spring-loaded top frame, so maybe I can help.  The spring loading
at the bottom of the frame keeps the tension off the top while you're
installing the top.  After you've fastened the front and back of the top, you
release the springs, which takes up the tension.  When the top has been
installed, both sides should have "sprung" springs -- the top should be a
little taller.  My top frame has two cylindrical sleeves that can be turned
to keep the springs in the tensed position.  If you have those sleeves -- and
I can't tell from your letter if you do -- they should be made to turn freely
so the springs can be used when installing the top.

>         I am also looking for a comical name for my car -the one bought
> sight unseen in Tennessee (2000 miles away) from a dishonest son-of-a-b****
> doctor recently. I thought Elvis might be neat...any ideas?

How about CAPONE in honor of his vault, which turned out to be not all it was
cracked up to be (and because of the crook who sold you the car.)

Amy T.