Re: Thanks you's and SU question

To: jimrowan@uic.edu (Jim Rowan)
Subject: Re: Thanks you's and SU question
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 09:31:03 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Jim,

I have no experience with the Colortune, but the Unisyn is very handy.
Listening to the airflow with a length of plastic tubing worked for me
too, but some people don't have the ears for it.  The Unisyn is
virtually idiot-proof.

Don't be afraid of the SU's.  The first mechanical thing I ever did was
rebuild the SU's on my '74.  After paying three different mechanics to
try to get them running right, I bought the Haynes SU manual and did it
myself (I guess those mechanics never read the manual).  They're really
not very complex, and if I can do it, anybody can.

And my car-nut brothers, who know nothing about LBCs, were quite
impressed that I rebuilt my own carbs - one even brags to his buddies
about it (he he - they have no idea how simple these things are).

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger