Re: brake light Bugeye

To: carolien coulter <carolien@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: brake light Bugeye
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 17:32:36 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

carolien coulter wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I seem to have another strange problem.When I hit the brakes, the left brake
> light is brighter than the right. When I turn the headlights on ,the right
> on is brighter than the left and when you then hit the brakes, Only the left
> seems to brighten,the right stays at the same strength.?????Thanks,Carol '59
> Bugeye.

 Carol

First check you ground wire connections, dirt or new paint will cause a poor
ground.
But if the grounds are OK, I would suspect that the brake lamp and tail lamp
wires are crossed on the tail lamp itself or on the wiring harness in the boot
or up under the dash where the leg hooks up.
Same for the headlamps, maybe a crossed high/low beam wire?

Somrthings to look into...

Frank

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs