Reversing Lamp Switch

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Reversing Lamp Switch
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 20:28:21 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well, I went back in to check on this and got to a point where I thought
I'd better ask a question.

Reading from Haynes I realized that I am supposed to peel carpet and sound
proofing back from the tunnel on the left side (driver's?) and there is an
opening to get at the switch.  Pulled back the carpet.  Pulled back some
cloth insulation.  Is this what the manual meant by sound proofing?  Then I
hit a sheet about 1/4" thick with holes in it like pegboard.  This doesn't
seem to peel back.  Seems like it will just chip off and I won't be able to
replace it.

Questions for those more knowledgable than I are:

1) Am I supposed to peel this back anyway?
2) Is this stock or something a PO put in to get around another problem?
3) Am I even looking on the right side (driver's side)?
4) Can I get at this switch from underneath the car so I don't have to mess
with the tunnel?

Thanks for any replies.

Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget