Re: 72 Midget driveshaft

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, tsherman@tecinfo.com
Subject: Re: 72 Midget driveshaft
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 04:35:04 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
This is the way that works for me. Wrap the front U-Joint in electrical
tape so that it quits flopping around. Jack up the rear of the car and
support it on jack stands under the axle so that the springs are
compressed, place the car in gear. Feed the drive shaft in  from the
rear into the back of the trans. Helps to have someone look through the
hole in the side of the trans tunnel to guide you. Rotate the drive
shaft back and forth to align the splines while shoving it into the
trans. The elcrical tape will fall off on its own once you start driving
the car.