RE: Progress report

To: "'dingram@tnet.net'" <dingram@tnet.net>
Subject: RE: Progress report
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 09:48:16 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello Doug,

Remember what they say about restorations: it will take at least twice as long
as you think!

The bare shell is still at the body shop, I visit to work on it every week. I
have videotaped much of the progress. As I outlined on the mail list, it has
been a much more complicated restoration than was anticipated. Fortunately, I
was quoted a fixed price and the guys doing the big work are the best
available. They have been extremely frustrated by the sheer complexity of the
job!

At this stage, the shell is on its side receiving new:

- inner & outer rockers
- floors
- heel panels
- "top hat" floor stiffeners
- heel panel frame stiffeners
- inner wheel arches
- outer wheel arches
- rear fenders
- partial boot floors
- various custom made closing panels etc.

When this is all finished we will flip it over and do the other side! Have not
had the time to worry about finding the correct shade of dark green.

In the meantime I am accumulating, cleaning, and painting all the necessary
parts to hang on the finished body shell. I have so many parts now I can't
remember what I have and don't have. Some items like dash, wheels, carbs, etc.
I have in triplicate!

All this and I am finishing the reassembly of a Mk3 sprite and organizing an
outing for 300 british cars in celebration of British Car Week (oh yeah, I work
for a living too!).

Life is busy.

Daniel