Re: choice of rear end ratios (the car, that is)

To: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Subject: Re: choice of rear end ratios (the car, that is)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 18:50:56 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Daniel Thompson wrote:

> Listers,
>
> I have a decision to make with respect to the restoration of my bugeye. I am
>replacing the differential anyway, and was wondering if it would be a good
>idea to deviate from the original ratio.
>
> The car is to be bone-stock original, including wheels and tires but will
>benefit from a Judson supercharger which should raise power output a bit. I
>find the acceleration of the stock setup to be more than adequate for having
>fun, but would like a little more relaxed highway cruising (and no, I won't be
>putting a 5-speed in this one).
>
> Any opinions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniel Thompson
> AN5 612
> HAN8L 40474
> and possibly one more on the way!

 A bugeye with a 3.9 is the way to go. It will lower the rpms  for those
freeway drives at speed.
Since the bone stock Bugeye was no rocket, you will hardly know the difference
on take off but wil appreciate the lower rpms on the highway.

--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs