choice of rear end ratios (the car, that is)

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: choice of rear end ratios (the car, that is)
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 10:13:24 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Listers,

I have a decision to make with respect to the restoration of my bugeye. I am
replacing the differential anyway, and was wondering if it would be a good idea
to deviate from the original ratio.

The car is to be bone-stock original, including wheels and tires but will
benefit from a Judson supercharger which should raise power output a bit. I
find the acceleration of the stock setup to be more than adequate for having
fun, but would like a little more relaxed highway cruising (and no, I won't be
putting a 5-speed in this one).

Any opinions?

Thanks,

Daniel Thompson