Re: Gas pedal

To: ric_bergstrom@juno.com
Subject: Re: Gas pedal
From: Miq Millman <miq@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 10:42:43 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Mymgmidget@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Richard L. Bergstrom says:

> I made a small (about 1" by 2") aluminum pedal which I bolted to the end
> of the lever.  After some judicious bending I got it in the right place
> with the proper amount of travel.  It now sits perfect for heel and toe
> and with a little practice you can blip the throttle to match speeds and
> actually get the tranny into first without stopping.
>
> It is very sensitive now and responds to very slight changes in pressure.

Or, if you don't want to fab something, and want to stay in the family,
look for a big healey brake pedal, it bolts to the top rod that the accel
uses, and makes for a really nice heel+toe position.  I've had this on all
my Mk II's, the race car, and will be converting my bugeye to it soon, as
the rubber on the stock pedal is ripping off now.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com