RE: Nevada Beige (was Sprite Birthday)

To: "'Jim Rowan'" <jimrowan@uic.edu>
Subject: RE: Nevada Beige (was Sprite Birthday)
From: "Storrs, Gary" <GStorrs@MediaOne.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 12:02:19 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jim,

I also have a 1960 Sprite which was originally Nevada Beige with a red
interior.  Unfortunately, the original owner painted it in a gray primer
color before I bought it from him.  Although I am fairly confident that
I will find some original color buried somewhere when I take it apart, I
am also curious as to what Nevada Beige looks like.  I have pictures of
the car from when it was reasonably new and it appears to be white.
Because of this, I had thought that the original color was Old English
White until the Heritage certificate indicated otherwise.  Nevada Beige
replaced Primrose, which is a yellowish color, so I am assuming that it
is a creamy color and that the color correction on my photos is not that
accurate.  I may be able to send some files of my pictures if you like.
Please let me know if you get any definitive answers.  Thanks.

Gary Storrs (Miami, FL)
  1960 Austin Healey Sprite Mk1
  1965 Triumph TR4A IRS LO
  1972 Lotus Elan +2S 130