Re: Soft top header rail installation

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Soft top header rail installation
From: jcarlile@altavista.net
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 23:32:30 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

 ---- you wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > Just be sure you leave it in the sun for awhile, and
> > then pull tight-tight-tight when gluing to header rail.
>
> I don't know about that.  I mainly put my top up when it is very cold and
> I think it would be next to impossibe to do that if I had installed the
> top hot and stretched.

It depends on where you live. First time I did it I followed the books with
caution and my top sagged almost immediately. Second time I set it in sun for
awhile and it's been fine-- but I live in So. Cal. where it never gets really
cold. If in doubt, someone could always stretch it conservatively and then
re-do it if fit isn't right.

Jim
'74B