[Spits] Windshield washer pump/switch

Subject: [Spits] Windshield washer pump/switch
From: fishplate at charter.net (Jeff)
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 21:49:05 -0400
On 7/9/2011 4:00 PM, Douglas Braun wrote:
> The windshield washer pump (built into the wiper switch) in my MK IV
> has finally crapped out. ...Does anybody know if the originals are
> repairable?  I am
> not too optimistic, since it looks like a welded-together plastic
> assembly that cannot be opened...

You have two options, as I see it...

1.  Nothing is put together that can't be taken apart.  I don't know
what you'll find after it's apart, though.

2.  If #1 fails, you can get an electric pump almost anywhere, and mount
a pushbutton just under the dash to operate it.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.