Re: [Spits] Windshield washer pump/switch

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Windshield washer pump/switch
From: Jeff <fishplate@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 21:49:05 -0400
On 7/9/2011 4:00 PM, Douglas Braun wrote:
> The windshield washer pump (built into the wiper switch) in my MK IV
> has finally crapped out. ...Does anybody know if the originals are
>repairable?  I am
> not too optimistic, since it looks like a welded-together plastic
> assembly that cannot be opened...

You have two options, as I see it...

1.  Nothing is put together that can't be taken apart.  I don't know
what you'll find after it's apart, though.

2.  If #1 fails, you can get an electric pump almost anywhere, and mount
a pushbutton just under the dash to operate it.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

Spitfires@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html