Re: [Spits] Spitfire Differentials

To: mmilkevitch@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Spits] Spitfire Differentials
From: "v6spitfireguy@cox.net" <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 06:24:13 -0500
All late models are basically interchangeable (all square tail diffs, as
well as any GT6 would fit since they all have the larger flanges)  The 6
stud is most likely a GT6 and would need the inner most set of holes
plugged leaving the only four outer holes for the spring housing. However,
76 and later Spitfires have a bit stronger differential than all others
INCLUDING the GT because of a slight change in the ring gear/spider gear
housing casting. You might want to check what you have though because there
are different ratios -
1970, and earlier will not bolt up since the flanges are smaller and use
smaller bolts