Re: [Spits] Clutch slave cylinders - advice sought

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Clutch slave cylinders - advice sought
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 08:32:22 -0400
On 25 May 2009 at 0:48, Kevin Rhodes wrote:

> Freddy has developed a leak in his slave cylinder. Seems like the
> usual parts suppliers all carry an "OE" slave cylinder and a
> reproduction slave cylinder. Any opinions as to whether the OE is
> worth 2X+ the price of the repro?

Greetings from much further downeast (Mt. Desert Island), at least
until we get home tonight.  Sorry, I can't offer any real opinion on
OEM vs. later SC.  You didn't say whether it was a later or earlier
Spitfire.  The SC is different.  If it was me I'd probably go for the
aftermarket one, but I can't see that it makes much difference.

Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com