[Spits] Door mirrors and A post seals

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spits] Door mirrors and A post seals
From: Stuart Greenwood <sagreenwood@att.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 21:20:33 -0700 (PDT)
I got a set of the Tex door mirrors from TRF. I really don't like the way they
attached to the door or the way the  mirror stem attaches to the mounting
plinth.  I can overcome the first problem by bolting through the door metal
rather than using the plastic plugs but I can't really modify the way the stem
mirror mounts. Has anybody with  has these mirror had a issue with the mirror
stem either falling off the plinth or being inadvertenly knocked off by a
passerby? The mounting seems very weak to me.
All the catalogues show a seal which goes around the entire door  opening
right up to the top of the A post. Then there is a separate A post seal. The
seals I got have pretty big round hollow rubber seals. When I put the door
opening seal on it touches the window glass more or less rendering the A post
seal superfluous. Are you supposed to cut off the rubber seal from the door
opening seal where is goes up the A post and then put the A post seal on.
There sure doesn't look ike there is room for both
I appreciate any advice

Stuart Greenwood
71 MKIV Spit and 71 MKI Stag

Stuart a Greenwood